Caramelized Apples with Cheddar
For the perfect sweet and savory appetizer or snack, you’ll want to make these delicious caramelized apples. This dish is rewarding all around – being super simple to make with just 4 ingredients for the caramelized apples, and, served with whole wheat crackers and slices of Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, the combination is truly divine! Once you’ve made and enjoyed, feel free to share the recipe with your friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
For four servings, you’ll need 1 tablespoon of Cabot Salted Butter, 2 tablespoons of packed light brown sugar, 2 medium Gala apples (peeled, cored, and cut into ¾-inch diced pieces), ¼ cup golden raisins, 4 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (sliced), and whole wheat crackers. Recipe can easily be doubled.
To make the caramelized apples, melt butter over medium heat in a medium-size skillet. Once bubbling, stir in sugar until combined. Next, add in the diced apples and raisins, reducing heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the apples begin to soften – approximately 6 minutes. Uncover the pan and continue cooking, frequently stirring, until apples are lightly browned and just tender. Let cool slightly.
Top each cracker with a slice of cheddar and a spoonful of warm caramelized apples. Savor the flavor!
For another fabulous recipe that uses apples and Cabot Sharp Cheddar, try these tasty and fun Apple-Cheddar Crisps, which make a great healthy snack alternative to potato chips. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families and has been producing award-winning dairy products for many years. We make numerous high quality dairy products, including butter and yogurts. We’d love to hear your feedback on this Cheddar with Caramelized Apples recipe, so please rate and review it after you’ve tried it!
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 medium Gala apples, peeled, cored and cut into
- ¾-inch dice
- ¼ cup golden raisins
4 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, sliced
- Whole-wheat crackers
- MELT butter in medium skillet over medium heatter; when bubbling, stir in sugar until combined.
- ADD apples and raisins and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 6 minutes or until apples are beginning to soften.
- UNCOVER pan and continue cooking, stirring often, for 6 minutes longer or until apples are lightly browned and just tender. Let cool slightly.
- TOP each cracker with slice of cheddar and spoonful of warm apples.
- per serving
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 209 milligrams
- 26 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 7.5 grams
- 217 milligrams