Cauliflower, Leek and Cheddar Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
This cauliflower and leek soup is a healthy, yet extremely hearty and tasty, twist on the more common potato and cheddar soup that’s often loaded with bacon. Here, cauliflower is used as a wonderful substitute for potatoes, providing a soup that’s lower in carbohydrates. This soup only requires a few ingredients, is easy to prepare, and comes together in under an hour. Eat it on its own or dip some crusty bread into it. Either way you choose to enjoy it, you’ll want to share the recipe with friends and family members on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make 4 small servings (or 2 large ones, depending on how hungry you are!), heat olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté leeks for about 5-8 minutes, until slightly browned. Add cauliflower florets and vegetable broth and let simmer for approximately 20-25 minutes, until softened. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Once slightly cooled, blend until the mixture reaches a velvety consistency.
Put mixture back in saucepan and bring it back to a simmer. Then add Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese (cubed or shredded), letting it slowly melt. Once melted, taste and adjust the seasonings as needed and garnish with chopped chives before serving.
Try our Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup recipe for another delicious cauliflower soup. As a cooperative of 800 farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this cauliflower and leek soup after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing the recipe.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks sliced (use only the white parts)
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 9 ounces)
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
5 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, cubed or shredded (about 1¼ cups)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Handful of chopped chives for garnish
- HEAT olive oil in a large sauce pan and saute leeks for 5-8 minutes until slightly browned.
- ADD cauliflower florets and broth and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes until softened. Season it with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Allow it to cool for a little bit then blend it to a velvety consistency.
- BRING it back to simmer in the same sauce pan then add cheese letting it melt slowly. Once melted, taste and adjust the seasonings as needed.
- GARNISH with chives right before serving.
- per serving