Cheddar Bacon Rosemary Crackers
Love crackers and cheese? Then you’re going to really enjoy these rosemary crackers. Perfectly crunchy and cheesy, these crackers make a great snack at any time of day. And the best part is, this cheddar cracker recipe is simple to make and doesn’t require many ingredients. You’ll need flour, cracked black pepper, sea salt, Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar, Cabot Unsalted Butter, fresh rosemary and cold water – that’s it! Whip up a batch (or two) whenever you crave delicious, homemade (read: sans preservatives) crackers. Then share the recipe for these bacon cheddar crackers with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
For another delicious, homemade cheddar cracker recipe, try our Keto-Friendly Cheddar Crackers. As a co-operative of farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting cheddar cheese and dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this cheddar bacon rosemary crackers recipe once you’ve made it!
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar, (about 2 cups)
½ cup Cabot Unsalted Butter, cold, cubed
- 3 strips cooked thick cut bacon, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cold water
- PULSE the cooked, chopped bacon and rosemary together in a food processor until the mixture looks finely chopped, about 30 seconds.
- ADD in the flour, salt, pepper and cheese. Pulse the ingredients together until the mixture looks coarse with small pieces of cheese.
- ADD the cubed butter into the mixture and pulse before adding 2 tablespoons of cold water. At this point the mixture will start to clump into a ball. If the dough is not coming together, mix in the remaining tablespoon of water.
- REMOVE the dough from the food processor and divide in half. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough into a log shape and tightly wrap in plastic wrap. Repeat this step with the remaining dough and refrigerate both logs of dough for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- CUT the logs of dough into ¼-inch thick disks and transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE the crackers, rotating the baking sheets halfway through the baking time, for 30 – 35 minutes or until the crackers appear golden brown with crisp edges.
- REST the crackers on the baking sheets for 6 – 8 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- SERVE immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Serving Size
- 2 crackers
- per serving
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 190 milligrams
- 10 grams
- 0 grams
- 0 grams
- 6 grams
- 111 milligrams