Cheddar BLT Bites
Who doesn’t love a good, old-fashioned BLT now and then? When you’re looking to take this classic sandwich up a couple of notches to make an amazing appetizer, you’ll want to turn to our Cheddar BLT Bites recipe. These BLT bites are so full of flavor – and look absolutely lovely on a plate – that no one will believe they’re a cinch to make. Give them a try and then you can share the deliciousness and convenience this recipe offers by sharing it with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Ready to make these and receive praise for such a fantastic appetizer? You’ll only need six ingredients: 1 package (about 15) of prepared phyllo cups (defrosted according to directions on the package), Cabot Cream Cheese (softened to room temperature), Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar (approximately 1 cup shredded), 3 slices of bacon (cooked and crumbled), shredded lettuce, and grape tomatoes (seeded and diced). Preheat your oven to 350°F and mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and bacon. Place the phyllo cups on a baking sheet and fill each cup with a tablespoon of the cheese mixture. Bake for about 15 minutes, until cheese is slightly melted and a bit browned on top. After removing from the oven, top each cup with shredded lettuce and tomatoes and serve warm.
Need another great appetizer? Our Cheddar Apple Chicken Sausage Bites are another hit you’ll want to check out. Did you know that Cabot is owned by 800 farm families? We work hard to ensure that all of our products are made using only the finest ingredients. That’s why we’re confident that you’ll love Cheddar BLT Bites. After you try them, we’d love to hear what you thought! If you’d rate and review the recipe, we’d greatly appreciate it.
- 1 package prepared phyllo cups (about 15), defrosted according to package directions
4 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
4 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 3 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled (I used Applewood Smoked, uncured bacon)
- ½ cup shredded lettuce
- 6 grape tomatoes, seeded and diced
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- MIX together cream cheese, cheese and bacon in a medium bowl.
- PLACE prepared phyllo cups on a baking sheet. Place a tablespoon of the cheese mixture into each cup. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned on top. Remove from oven.
- TOP with shredded lettuce and tomato. Serve warm.
- per serving