Cheddar Cheese Fudge
Have you been dreaming about combining sweet chocolate with savory cheese to make a truly delectable chocolate cheese fudge? Whether you’re like us and are always thinking of different ways to use cheddar in recipes or you wouldn’t think of using cheddar in fudge, you’re going to want to try this recipe. Loaded with Cheddar cheese and dry milk powder and flavored with unsalted butter, vanilla extract and cocoa powder, this is a unique treat that will be devoured by both kids and adults alike — even those who may have been skeptical about trying it! If you’re worried that you don’t know how to make fudge, this recipe for easy fudge is the perfect place to start, since the electric mixer does almost all of the work and you don’t even cook the fudge. Enjoy this creamy, sweet chocolate cheese fudge and then share the recipe with your family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Line a 9-inch square pan with a large piece of foil or plastic wrap and set aside.
Set the Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese and Cabot Unsalted Butter on the kitchen counter until they are room temperature. Grate cheese.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheese, butter and vanilla and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add milk powder and beat until smooth. Alternatively, combine all in a food processor and process until smooth.
Add cocoa powder and 4 cups of confectioners sugar, beating or pulsing to combine. Gradually beat or pulse in enough of the remaining sugar until mixture is very stiff.
Spread the fudge evenly in prepared pan. Cover top with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or until firm. Remove from refrigerator shortly before serving. Lift fudge out of pan and cut into small squares.
If you love chocolate desserts, you have to try our Chocolate Layer Cake with Chocolate Frosting recipe! As a co-operative of New England and New York farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this cheese fudge recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it.
- LINE 9-inch square pan with large piece of foil or plastic wrap; set aside.
- LET cheese and butter stand outside of refrigerator until they are room temperature. Grate cheese.
- COMBINE the cheese, butter and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until fluffy. Add milk powder and beat until smooth. Alternatively, combine all in food processor and process until smooth.
- ADD cocoa powder and 4 cups of confectioner’s sugar. Beat or pulse to combine. Gradually beat or pulse in enough of remaining sugar until mixture is very stiff.
- SPREAD fudge evenly in prepared pan. Cover top with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or until firm.
- REMOVE from refrigerator shortly before serving. Lift fudge out of pan and cut into small squares.
- per serving
- 4 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 11 milligrams
- 48 milligrams
- 10 grams
- 0 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 29 milligrams
*If your milk powder is at all coarse, measure, then pulse briefly in blender into fine powder.