Cheddar Fish Crackers
3 ½ dozen three-inch crackers
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) or your favorite herb or spice
8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
- 1 large egg, beaten
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- LINE baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with butter. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and cayenne or other herb or spice.
- ADD butter and work into flour mixture with pastry blender or your fingertips until mixture resembles coarse meal. (Alternatively, use mixer with paddle attachment or food processor.)
- MIX in egg until medium-firm dough is formed, 1 to 2 minutes. Add cheese and beat or blend again until well incorporated.
- SHAPE dough into rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and chill in freezer for about thirty minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Unwrap dough and place on lightly floured work surface. Roll out to 1/8” thickness or less.
- CUT out crackers with fish-shaped* or other small cookie cutter and place on baking sheet. Press scraps together and re-roll to cut additional crackers.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 ten minutes or until crackers are light golden brown. Let cool completely on baking sheet and store in airtight container for up to 1 week.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 12 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 169 milligrams
- 7 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 5.5 grams
- 124 milligrams