Cheddar Mini Pops with Apples and Cinnamon
Breakfast & Brunch
Looking for apple desserts that are mouthwatering yet easy to make? Try these cinnamon apple popovers. While apple popovers are typically muffin-sized, this recipe is baked in a mini muffin pan, resulting in delicious bite-sized treats that are an absolute joy to eat. With a wonderfully crisp and golden-brown outside and a soft, moist inside, these apple popovers are quite addicting! You may want to double the recipe, as they’re sure to go quickly. After trying this recipe for apple popovers, please make sure to share it with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
Begin by preheating your oven to 450ºF and place a mini muffin pan on the middle rack in the oven while the oven preheats.
Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl, whisking until frothy, about 1 minute. Alternately, you can mix in a blender.
Add flour and salt, whisking vigorously to blend until evenly combined (if using a blender, add the flour and salt directly to the blender). If you’re whisking by hand, it’s okay to have a few lumps.
Remove the hot pan from the oven and lightly coat each of the wells with cooking spray. Fill the wells about ¾ full of batter and top each with the minced apple and cubed Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese, distributing as evenly as possible across all wells. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar mixture over each popover.
Bake at 450º F for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn popovers out of the pan. Toss popovers in cinnamon sugar mixture and enjoy immediately.
If you can’t get enough apple and cheddar baked goods, try our Apple, Cranberry & Cheddar Muffins next. As a co-operative of farm families, Cabot is dedicated to creating the highest quality products and recipes that best showcase the fresh flavors of our products. Please share your thoughts on this apple dessert recipe after you’ve tried it by rating and reviewing it.
- 3 large eggs
1 ½ cups whole milk
1 ½ cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup small ¼” minced apple
- ½ cup sugar combined with 2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar cubed (small ¼”)
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF and place a mini muffin pan in the oven, on the middle rack while oven preheats.
- COMBINE eggs and milk in a large bowl and whisk until frothy, about 1 minute, or you can use a blender to mix. Add flour and salt, whisk vigorously to blend until evenly combined, or add the flour and salt directly to the blender at this point if using. If you are hand whisking, it’s ok if there are a few lumps.
- REMOVE the hot mini muffin pan from the oven and lightly coat each of the wells with pan spray. Fill the wells about ¾ full of batter and top each with the minced apple and cheese, distributing as evenly as possible. Sprinkle some of the cinnamon sugar mixture over each popover.
- BAKE for 15 minutes at 450º F.
- REMOVE from the oven and turn popovers out of the pan. Toss popovers in cinnamon sugar mixture and serve immediately.
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2.5 grams
- 70 milligrams
- 320 milligrams
- 28 grams
- 1 grams
- 7 grams
- 119 milligrams