Cheddar Stuffed Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls
Breakfast & Brunch
Fluffy, soft dinner rolls stuffed with melty cheddar cheese and topped with everything bagel seasoning.
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting and shaping dough
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup half and half, warmed to 110-115F
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon neutral flavored oil
8 1-inch cubes Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon half and half
Dinner Rolls Dough
Filling and Topping
- WHISK flour, salt and two teaspoons sugar together in a large mixing bowl. In a small mixing bowl, whisk to combine the egg and cooled melted butter.
- ADD warmed half and half, 1 teaspoon sugar and yeast into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whisk ingredients together to combine. Allow yeast mixture to sit untouched for 8-10 minutes. Yeast mixture is ready to use once it appears foamy and takes on a fermented aroma.
- ATTACH dough hook to stand mixer, add the whisked egg and melted butter to yeast mixture and mix on low speed to combine.
- MIX dry ingredients into wet batter at low speed until a shaggy looking dough forms. Increase mixer speed to medium and knead dough for 6 minutes. The resulting dough should be soft, smooth and slight tacky to touch.
- TRANSFER dough to a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball.
- GREASE a large mixing bowl with oil. Place dough in the greased bowl and gently swirl and flip it around the bowl so that all sides of the dough including the top and bottom are coated with oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rise for at least 1 hour in a warm area of the kitchen or until it has doubled in size.
- DEFLATE dough by knocking it down. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and cover the top of dough with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes.
- GREASE a 9-inch baking pan/oven safe skillet generously.
- CUT dough into 8 equal pieces using a bench scraper or sharp knife. Working with one piece of dough at a time, flatten into roughly a 3-inch circle and place a cube of cheddar in the center. Wrap and tightly pinch the outer part of the dough around the cheese to enclose it and roll into a smooth ball shape. Repeat process with remaining pieces of dough and cheese.
- TRANSFER shaped dinner rolls to prepared baking pan and lightly cover with plastic wrap.
- PLACE baking pan in a warm area of kitchen and allow rolls to rise for 30-60 minutes or until they have doubled in size.
- PREHEAT oven to 350F.
- WHISK the egg and half and half together in a small mixing bowl. Gently brush the rolls with egg wash and sprinkle with Everything Bagel seasoning.
- BAKE rolls for 30-40 minutes rotating the pan halfway through bake time. Cheddar Stuffed Everything Bagel Dinner Rolls are ready when a toothpick inserted in the side of one them comes out clean and rolls have a rich, golden brown color.
- SERVE rolls warm or at room temperature.
- Serving Size
- 1/8 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 90 milligrams
- 352 milligrams
- 31 grams
- 1 grams
- 2 grams
- 13 grams
- 232 milligrams