Cheese Salad Tea Sandwiches
2 dozen finger sandwiches
Do you love tea sandwiches served at tea houses or finger sandwiches you get at special occasions with fancy catering? Then you’re going to absolutely LOVE these cheese salad sandwiches. They’re filled with a lovely combination of ingredients, resulting in a delectable sandwich that looks dainty and tastes terrific. The best news is that you can easily make and enjoy them any time you want – you’ll no longer have to waiting to visit your favorite tea house or attend a celebratory event to experience tea sandwiches! With a beautiful presentation and amazing flavor, these finger sandwiches are ideal to serve to a crowd as well. Share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make about 2 dozen finger sandwiches, combine shredded Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar, shredded Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar Cheese, finely diced mini bell peppers, finely diced onions, finely diced Roma tomatoes and chopped fresh curly parsley in a medium bowl. Toss together just until mixed.
Stir in light mayonnaise gently, being careful not to overmix. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to meld flavors.
Spread about ⅓ cup of cheese salad (about ½” thick) on a slice of bread, leaving a border. Top with a second slice of bread and press together gently. Repeat with remaining cheese salad and bread.
Trim crusts from sandwiches and then slice each sandwich into 3 equal-sized rectangles. If necessary, cover with dampened paper towels to prevent drying out.
If you love tomato sandwiches, you’ll want to be sure to make this amazing Oven Fried Green Tomato Sandwich with Cheddar. Cabot is a co-operative of over 800 farm families who continuously strive to produce the best dairy products around. We’d really appreciate it if you could rate and review these cheese sandwiches once you’ve had the chance to make and enjoy them!
4 ounces Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
4 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 3½ tablespoons finely diced orange, red and yellow sweet mini bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely diced white, yellow or red onions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced Roma tomatoes (deseeded, no membranes, patted dry)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh curly parsley
- ⅔ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (optional)
- 1 loaf sliced country potato bread
- COMBINE grated cheeses, peppers, onions, tomatoes and parsley in a medium bowl; toss together just until mixed.
- STIR in mayonnaise gently (don’t overmix). Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight to meld flavors.
- SPREAD about ⅓ cup of cheese salad (about ½” thick) on slice of bread, leaving border. Top with second slice and press gently together. Repeat with remaining cheese salad.
- TRIM crusts from sandwiches, then slice each sandwich into 3 equal-sized fingers. Cover with dampened paper towels to prevent drying out if needed.
- per serving
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3.5 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 485 milligrams
- 22 grams
- 1 grams
- 8.5 grams
- 178 milligrams