Cheesy Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 French baguette
1 cup Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup finely chopped ripe tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, or to taste
- ¼ cup julienned or chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F.
- SLICE the baguette at an angle, about ½-inch thick, to make about 8 slices.
- MIX chopped tomatoes, onion and basil in small bowl and set aside.
- TOAST baguette slices in the oven on a sheet pan or cookie sheet until lightly golden, about 10 minutes.
- SPRINKLE shredded cheese evenly on the bread slices. Return to oven and toast until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- TOP the toasted bruschetta with the chopped vegetables.
- DRIZZLE each with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 30 milligrams
- 690 milligrams
- 47 grams
- 3 grams
- 2 grams
- 17 grams
- 212 milligrams