Chicken and Sweet Potato Pot Pies
Do you begin craving chicken pot pie when the cooler weather arrives? So do we! But if you desire a healthier version of this favorite comfort food, try this chicken and sweet potato pot pie recipe. The sweet potato adds a lovely sweetness and delivers more nutrients than traditional pot pie recipes. And if you want a shortcut, use the meat from a tender rotisserie chicken instead of cooking the chicken yourself. Once you’ve made it, feel free to share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 8 servings, follow the recipe instructions listed below. Note that you can also prepare the Gluten-Free Pie Crust and the filling ahead of time so that you can realistically serve this for a week-night dinner! Store in the refrigerator and, when ready to bake, fill eight ramekins and sprinkle grated Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar evenly over the filling in each ramekin.
Place rounds of pie crust over each filled ramekin and pierce the crust several times with a fork. Combine egg and water and brush evenly over the crusts. Place ramekins on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 15 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the crust is golden.
If you love pot pies and you love turkey, make our Turkey Pot Pie. The filling includes turkey gravy and the pie is topped with buttery biscuits, making this the ultimate pot pie for Thanksgiving! Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products. We’d love for you to share your thoughts about this chicken and sweet potato pot pie so, if you could rate and review the recipe once you’ve tried it, we’d really appreciate it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
2 ½ cups peeled, diced sweet potato
- ½ cup chopped onion
1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup chopped poblano peppers (about 2 large peppers)
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2 cups cold lowfat (1%) milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
8 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- HEAT oil in large pot over medium heat; add sweet potato, onion, garlic and salt. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add corn, poblano peppers and chicken, stirring well to combine.
- COMBINE milk and cornstarch in small bowl and add to mixture. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until filling starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
- POUR filling evenly into 8 six ounce ramekins; allow to cool.
- SPRINKLE cheese evenly over filling in ramekins. Place rounds of pie crust over ramekins and filling; pierce crust several times with fork. Allow the pie crust to come to room temperature before baking.
- COMBINE egg and water; brush evenly over crust. Place ramekins on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until filling is bubbling and crust is golden.
- per serving
- 20.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 11.5 grams
- 747 milligrams
- 48 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 25 grams
- 308 milligrams