Chicken & Broccoli Penne
This lactose free meal makes perfect use of leftover steamed broccoli and cooked chicken. You’ll love being able to utilize leftovers in this healthy dish, saving both money on groceries and time spent in the kitchen! And Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar adds a delightful twist on this classic chicken and broccoli penne dish. Share the recipe on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter with family and friends.
Cook the penne in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Add in the broccoli during the last two minutes of cooking time. Reserve ½ cup of cooking water and then drain the penne and broccoli in a colander.
Return the pot to the stove to heat, adding the olive oil and minced garlic, stirring for about 10 seconds. Add the drained penne and broccoli, reserved cooking water, and salt. Remove the pan from heat, add the shredded cooked chicken and Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, stirring until cheese is melted. It’s that simple! Quick, easy, healthy, and delicious – what more could you ask for?
For another delicious chicken and pasta meal, try this recipe for Bow Ties and Chicken Confetti. Cabot is a co-operative of farm families bringing many years of experience to make only the best products for you and your family. We’d love to hear your feedback on this chicken and broccoli penne recipe, so please rate and review it when you have the chance!
- 8 ounces penne or other small pasta shape
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
4 ounces Cabot Vermont Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- COOK penne, in large pot of boiling salted water, according to package directions, adding broccoli for last two minutes of cooking time.
- REMOVE ½ cup of cooking water and set aside. Drain penne and broccoli in colander.
- RETURN pot to heat and add oil and garlic; stir until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add drained penne and broccoli, reserved cooking water and salt.
- REMOVE pan from heat and add chicken and cheese, stirring until cheese is melted.
- per serving
- 16 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 94 milligrams
- 543 milligrams
- 37 grams
- 6 grams
- 40 grams
- 290 milligrams