Chicken Tortilla Tortellini Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce can enchilada sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini (2 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
6 ounces Cabot 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheddar, (1 ½ cup)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Cabot 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheddar or other Cabot shredded cheese
- Crunchy tortilla chips
Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Sour Cream
- HEAT the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stock pot, over medium heat.
- ADD the onion and cook until softened, 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Add the enchilada sauce, chicken broth, tomatoes, chili powder and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- BRING to a boil over high heat.
- ADD the chicken, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and easy to shred.
- REMOVE the chicken to a plate and shred with two forks, then return to the pot with the tortellini and black beans. Simmer for 7 minutes, until the tortellini is al dente.
- STIR in the corn, cheese and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- SERVE with toppings, as desired.
- Serving Size
- 2 cups
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 75 milligrams
- 2120 milligrams
- 58 grams
- 9 grams
- 7 grams
- 31 grams
- 350 milligrams