Chili Meatballs with Cheddar-Beer Dunk
2 dozen meatballs and 1 1/2 cups dunk
These Chili Meatballs with Cheddar-Beer Dunk are a perfect game day recipe for any crowd. Enjoy this free downloadable Game Day cookbook now.
Cooking up a savory snack that’s also pretty filling might seem like a real challenge, but there are actually plenty of tasty recipes out there that are also rather hearty. For instance, this beer cheese dip recipe is surprisingly simple to make and it’s packed with tons of delicious cheese and meatballs too. This particular recipe makes roughly two-dozen meatballs and one and a half cups of cheese “dunk.” Consider making this recipe for game day, or you can also bring it along to a family cookout as an appetizer. After trying this recipe, please feel free to rate and review it, and go ahead and share your thoughts on Facebook and Twitter too.
This lactose free meatball recipe is perfect as a snack or as a football appetizer. It’s packed with tons of flavor, and it’s sure to be a hit at your home if you plan on making this one for your family. In order to make these meatballs, you’re going to need one cup of canned black beans, ¾ pound of ground beef, two green onions, one teaspoon of dried oregano, one teaspoon of cumin, ½ teaspoon of chipotle chili powder and salt. The dunk is also fairly simple to make as well, as it only requires ¾ cup of your favorite beer, 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 8 ounces of Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar. We hope you enjoy this one!
At Cabot, we understand just how important it is to only serve the best to your family and friends. We’re a cooperative of New York and New England family farms, and we have years of experience making award-winning cheeses. That’s why we’d love to hear your feedback about this beer cheese dip recipe. After trying it please go ahead and rate and review it. Also don’t forget to share this recipe on Facebook and Twitter too!
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ pound ground beef
- 2 green onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup beer
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp or Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
To Make Meatballs:
- PREHEAT oven to 375ºF.
- PLACE beans in bowl and coarsely mash with potato masher; add remaining ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- SHAPE mixture into 1¼-inch balls. Place on baking sheet and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until cooked through to center.
To Make Dunk:
- STIR together beer and cornstarch, in small saucepan, until cornstarch is dissolved, tilting pan to make sure no lumps remain. Stir over medium heat until simmering and thickened.
- STIR in cheese a handful at a time and continue stirring until smooth. Pour into bowl or crock to serve warm with meatballs.
- per serving
- 10.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 5 grams
- 40 milligrams
- 317 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 11.5 grams
- 152 milligrams