Chinese Aubergine Pizza with Cheddar & Fresh Herbs
- 1 Chinese aubergine (eggplant), cut into ⅛-inch-thick rounds
- Olive oil as needed
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 (8 or 9-inch) pre-made pizza crusts
- ½ cup marinara sauce
8 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 red or orange bell pepper, cored and cut crosswise into ⅛-inch thick rounds or half-rounds
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh thyme, oregano and basil
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- PREHEAT broiler. Place eggplant slices on foil-lined baking sheet; drizzle or brush with olive oil and season with salt.
- BROIL eggplant slices for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly colored. Turn over and broil for 2 to 3 minutes longer or until colored on second side. Remove from oven and turn oven temperature to bake at 400ºF.
- SPREAD ¼ cup of sauce over each crust. Top each with half of cheese, followed by half of eggplant and half of peppers.
- PLACE pizzas on parchment-lined baking sheet/sheets or directly on oven rack. Bake for about 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- REMOVE from oven and sprinkle with herbs and crushed red pepper, if using. Cut each pizza into quarters and serve.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 20.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 31 milligrams
- 903 milligrams
- 50 grams
- 7 grams
- 25.5 grams
- 514 milligrams