Couscous with Tomatoes, Sautéed Spinach & Two Cheeses
3 ½ cups packaged couscous (any flavor)
- 1 (8-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 10 cups fresh spinach (10 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon water
6 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1½ cups)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil sprigs for garnish
- PREPARE couscous according to package directions; set aside.
- HEAT tomatoes in small saucepan or microwave; set aside.
- COMBINE onions, garlic and oil in large skillet over medium heat; stir until onions are heated and fragrant. Add spinach and water; stir until spinach is wilted and tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes.
- LAYER coucous, spinach mixture and tomatoes on large platter. Sprinkle with cheeses and garnish with basil.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 17 milligrams
- 334 milligrams
- 27 grams
- 3 grams
- 14 grams
- 270 milligrams