Creamy Pesto Zoodles
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
Zest of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
2 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 (9 to 10 ounce each) medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 ounce Cabot Alpine Cheddar, crumbled for serving
- COMBINE basil, walnuts, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil, yogurt and cheddar in your blender or food processor.
- BLEND or process just until combined into a coarse, but creamy paste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Create zoodles, or noodles, with the zucchini using either a spiralizer or a mandolin with a julienne attachment.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the zoodles and gently cook for just about 4 to 5 minutes over medium-high heat, tossing frequently. Remove the pan from the heat and add the pesto sauce. Toss until the zoodles are well coated.
- SERVE with additional crumbles of cheddar.
- Serving Size
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 19 grams
- 11 grams
- 9 grams
- 3 grams
- 1364 milligrams