Delicious Dinner Quiche
Breakfast & Brunch
Easy to prepare and a wonderful year-round favorite that’s just as perfect for spring brunches and summer picnics as it is for fall get-togethers and winter dinners when only comfort food will do.
This mouthwatering recipe featuring award-winning Cabot cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses was created by the women’s group at the COTS (Committee on Temporary Shelter) Daystation – the only daytime drop-in shelter for homeless adults in Burlington, VT. The women’s group meets weekly over dinner, where they enjoy a relaxed and fun environment that offers them an opportunity to be socialize, creative, and draw upon their strengths…such as creating amazing new recipes to enjoy. Enjoy their quiche, and feel free to draw upon your own creativity to make it uniquely yours!
- 1 refrigerated pre-rolled pie crust
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
4 ounces Cabot Mild Cheddar or Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
4 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, grated (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup seeded and diced fresh tomato
- 6 large eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- UNROLL crust and place in deep-dish 9-inch pie plate, crimping edge. Lightly prick bottom of crust all over.
- BAKE for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is lightly golden.
- COOK bacon and onion together, stirring often, until bacon is browned, in a large skillet; leaving fat behind in skillet, transfer bacon-onion mixture to paper towels to drain briefly.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 350°F.
- SPREAD bacon-onion mixture evenly over crust. Toss cheeses and tomato together and scatter over bacon-onion mixture.
- BEAT or whisk eggs until combined and frothy; mix in evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly into crust.
- BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden on top almost set (center will still be jiggly). Let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- per serving
- 25 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 12.5 grams
- 194 milligrams
- 651 milligrams
- 29 grams
- 0.5 grams
- 18 grams
- 353 milligrams