Easy Moist Turkey Cheeseburgers
Turkey burgers, while delicious, can be challenging to cook properly. Because turkey is fairly lean, it tends to dry out quickly when cooked. Luckily, we’ve figured out an easy way to ensure that a turkey patty will retain its moisture when you pop it on the grill—simply add a dollop of Greek-yogurt! For our turkey cheeseburgers recipe, we add Cabot Greek Yogurt to the ground-up turkey. The end result is tasty and moist! Our recipe makes six servings, making it a perfect dish to serve up at barbecues or family get-togethers. After trying our burger recipe, please share the recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter or Instagram.
When made properly, a good turkey burger can be truly delectable. To make the turkey cheeseburgers, you’ll need 1.5 pounds of ground turkey, a half cup of Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek-Style Yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, half teaspoon ground red pepper, a shallot, Cabot Habanero Cheddar, six whole wheat hamburger buns, sliced avocado, baby spinach, and sliced tomatoes. When adding all of the ingredients together, don’t forget to toss in plenty of yogurt—this will help the patties to retain moisture. You can use the leftover yogurt as a sauce for the patties too.
We hope you enjoy our turkey cheeseburger recipe. If this recipe was a hit, we also suggest trying our recipe for chicken burgers. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families. We do our best to ensure that all of our cheeses and dairy products are made with only the finest ingredients. We’re positive that you and your family will enjoy these burgers, but if you have any feedback about the recipe, we’d love to hear your thoughts. After trying the recipe, please make sure to rate and review it.
1 ½ pounds ground turkey
½ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt, plus more for buns
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- Cooking spray
6 ounces Cabot Habanero Cheddar, or Cabot Pepper Jack, sliced
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns
- Baby spinach, sliced avocado and sliced tomato
- PLACE skillet over medium-high heat.
- MIX together turkey, yogurt, Worcestershire, red pepper and shallots. Shape mixture into six burgers.
- REMOVE hot skillet from heat and coat with cooking spray. Return to heat and add burgers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- TURN burgers over and cook for 4 minutes longer or until cooked all the way to center. Top with cheese slices, cover pan with lid or foil and cook until cheese is melted, about 1 minute longer.
- SERVE on buns, spread with more yogurt and garnished with spinach, avocado and tomato.
- per serving
- 20.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 108 milligrams
- 446 milligrams
- 25 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 35 grams
- 305 milligrams