BBQ Pork Burgers
Crisp bacon and ground pork combine with tangy barbecue sauce to make these BBQ burgers something really special. But we don’t stop there! Top with creamy, spicy Cabot Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar and you have the juiciest, most flavorful BBQ pork burger that will make your grilling dreams a reality. Featured in the Cabot Creamery Cookbook, this pork burger with cheese is one of our most prized recipes! Both grill masters and novices just learning how to grill a pork burger will be pleasantly surprised with the result. Enjoy and share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Cook bacon in a small skillet until crisp, then transfer to paper towels to drain.
Remove all but about 2 teaspoons of fat from skillet and then add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, approximately 3 minutes. Spread on a small plate to cool.
Preheat grill to medium-high. Chop or crumble bacon into small pieces and put in a medium bowl. Add pork, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and onions to the bowl and mix gently to combine. Shape into four ¾-inch-thick patties.
Brush grill with a wad of paper towel dipped in oil to prevent sticking. Brushing with additional barbecue sauce, grill burgers until cooked through to center, about 5 to 8 minutes per side.
Top with sliced Cabot Pepper Jack, Sharp Cheddar or Seriously Sharp Cheddar cheese and cover with grill lid or foil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Serve on rolls and enjoy every delicious bite!
Craving another mouthwatering burger recipe with bacon? Try our Cabot Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders! Did you know that Cabot is a cooperative of New York and New England farm families who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products? We’d love for you to share your thoughts on this BBQ pork burger with cheese, so please rate and review the recipe when you have the chance!
- 3 slices smoky bacon
- ½ finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 tablespoons thick tomato-based barbecue sauce, plus ½ cup for basting
- 1- 1 ½ teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack , Sharp Cheddar or, Seriously Sharp Cheddar, sliced
- 4 soft onion rolls, split
- COOK bacon until crisp in small skillet, then transfer to paper towel to drain.
- REMOVE all but about 2 teaspoons fat from skillet; add onion and cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread on small plate to cool.
- PREHEAT grill to medium-high.
- CHOP or crumble bacon into small pieces and put in medium bowl.
- ADD ground pork, 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce, Tabasco sauce, salt and onions; mix gently to combine. Shape into four ¾-inch-thick patties.
- BRUSH grill with wad of paper towel dipped in oil to prevent sticking. Brushing with additional barbecue sauce, grill burgers until cooked through to center, 5 to 8 minutes per side.
TOP with cheese and cover with grill lid or foil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- SERVE on rolls.
- per serving
- 38.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15.5 grams
- 1395 milligrams
- 38 grams
- 1.5 grams
- 31.5 grams
- 269 milligrams