Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
Sometimes, burgers don’t have to be all that massive to be delicious. For instance, these Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders pack a whole bunch of flavor, and they’re almost bite-sized! This recipe makes about 24 burgers, which serve wonderfully as hors d’oeuvres at a family gathering or a party. Since these sliders are rather small, you can pair them with a healthy side dish (like this scalloped potato recipe) and the end result is a dish that’s surprisingly light but also filling. After trying this dish, please rate and review it and feel free to share with your friends and family on Facebook and Twitter.
These mini burgers can be whipped up rather quickly, as they only require a few key ingredients and limited preparation. In order to make this dish, you’ll need one pound of ground beef, four ounces of Cabot Seriously Sharp Cracker Cuts, 12 slices of pre-cooked bacon, six hot dog rolls (you’ll end up cutting each roll into four sections to make the mini-buns), whatever greens you’d prefer (we suggest arugula or watercress leaves) and finally the chipotle aioli. The aioli is simple to make, as it only requires a ½ cup of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and ½ teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper or chipotle hot sauce.
Burger fans will be pleased to know that these bacon sliders are absolutely delicious, and we know that when you serve these to your friends and family they’ll be a big hit. Consider making these for a barbecue or a party. After trying out this recipe, please rate and review it. Furthermore, please feel free to share this slider recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The more people who have a chance to try this recipe and offer their input, the better!
- 1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
5 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cracker Cuts (24 pieces)
- 12 slices packaged “already-cooked” bacon, cut in half
- 6 hot dog rolls
- Arugula or watercress leaves (optional)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper or chipotle hot sauce
To Make Sliders:
Chipotle Aioli (Makes ⅔ cup)
- PLACE rack in upper third of oven and preheat oven to 500°F.
COMBINE beef and cheddar in large bowl; sprinkle salt and pepper over top. Gently work mixture together until well combined.
DIVIDE mixture into quarters and shape each quarter into six (1¼ – inch) balls, for a total of 24 balls.
- WRAP each ball in a half slice bacon, pressing into patty shape. Arrange patties on large baking sheet.
- BAKE for 5 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Loosen from baking sheet with spatula.
- CUT each roll crosswise into 4 sections to make mini-buns. Place some arugula or watercress in each, topped with mini-burger and small dollop of Chipotle Aioli.
To Make Chipotle Aioli:
- WHISK together all ingredients in small bowl.
- SERVE immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
*For added convenience use any flavor of Cabot’s ready-to serve Cracker Cuts.