French Toast Grilled Cheese
- WHISK the eggs, milk, salt and sugar in a medium bowl to combine.
- TOP four of the slices of bread with 3 slices of the cheese, two slices of bacon and another 3 slices of cheese. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- HEAT a large griddle or skillet on medium low heat.
- DIP each sandwich into the egg mixture to coat both sides thoroughly.
- TURN the griddle down to low and add the butter to coat the bottom. Place sandwiches on the griddle and cover each one with a small lid. Flip the sandwich once the bottom is browned and the cheese is slightly melted. Cover with the lid again.
- REMOVE the sandwiches from the griddle once they are browned on both sides and the cheese is melted, approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- SERVE with a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serving Size
- 1 sandwich without maple syrup
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 65 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 29 grams
- 470 milligrams
- 2230 milligrams
- 50 grams
- 3 grams
- 8 grams
- 52 grams
- 508 milligrams