Gluten-Free Baked Mac n Cheese
Mac & Cheese
This cauliflower mac and cheese is made with a cheese sauce that is extra creamy and delicious! Incorporating seasonings like dry mustard, garlic powder, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce, along with Cream Cheese and Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, it results in an amazing flavor combination. The cauliflower, along with the cheddar and Italian-flavored breadcrumb topping, makes this dish even more spectacular. You’ll want to keep and share this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and coating a large (2½-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions, reducing the cooking time by 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and continue cooking until the pasta and cauliflower are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Drain well, return to pot, and set aside.
In a large saucepan, whisk together the flour and milk and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce the heat and add the salt, dry mustard, garlic powder, ground black pepper, ground red pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Then add 1 cup of Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar cheese and Cabot Cream Cheese, stirring just until melted.
Stir the sauce into reserved pasta and cauliflower and transfer to prepared baking dish. Combine the remaining 1 cup of Lite50 Sharp Cheddar with breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the pasta mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and sauce is bubbly.
Looking for another great mac and cheese with vegetable dish? Try our Grown Up Mac & Cheese with Butternut Squash. Cabot is owned by over 800 farm families who work hard to ensure that all our products are made using only the finest ingredients. We’d love to hear your thoughts so, if you’d rate and review this cauliflower mac and cheese recipe after making it, we’d really appreciate it!
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups uncooked small gluten-free pasta
- 2 cups finely diced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose gluten-free flour or Brown Rice Flour
- 2 cups lowfat (1%) milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- Dash of gluten-free Worcestershire Sauce (Frenchs, Lea & Perrins)
2 tablespoons Cabot Cream Cheese
2 cups shredded Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, divided
- ⅓ cup Italian-flavored gluten-free Buttery Cracker (Glutino) (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Coat large (2½-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- COOK pasta according to package directions, reducing cooking time by 5 minutes. Add cauliflower and continue cooking for 5 minutes longer or until pasta and cauliflower are tender. Drain well, return to pot and set aside.
- WHISK together in a large saucepan flour and milk; place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and add next 5 ingredients (salt through ground red pepper). Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add Worcestershire, 1 cup of cheddar and cream cheese, stirring just until melted.
- STIR sauce into reserved pasta and cauliflower. Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- COMBINE remaining 1 cup cheddar with breadcrumbs, and sprinkle over the pasta mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden and sauce is bubbly.
- per serving
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 360 milligrams
- 20 milligrams
- 30 grams
- 1 grams
- 13 grams
- 287 milligrams