Golden Mashed Party Potatoes
Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? If you’re a big fan, then consider trying out this recipe for golden mashed potatoes. They’re easy to make, and they’re great for parties or big get-togethers. This recipe makes for roughly ten servings, and it’s packed with tons of flavor (there are ample amount of cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar cheese in this one!). After trying out this dish, rate and review it—we’re eager to hear what you have to say about this scrumptious recipe.
In order to get started making these party potatoes, you’re going to need to assemble the following ingredients: three pounds of peeled and cut Yukon Gold potatoes, one pound of sweet potatoes, four ounces of Cabot cream cheese, a half cup of Cabot Light Sour Cream, two ounces of Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, a half cup of Parmesan cheese, one tablespoon of Cabot Unsalted Butter, salt and some nutmeg. Once you have all of the ingredients ready, simply boil all of the potatoes and after draining, add the cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, parmesan, butter, salt, nutmeg and a little dash of pepper. Then mash everything together and serve.
Here at Cabot, we really enjoy party potatoes, and we love this particular recipe. Because we’re a cooperative of over 800 family farms, we know just how important it is to only serve the best to your loved ones. We’re confident that you and your family will love these golden mashed potatoes, but we want to hear your feedback. After trying this recipe, please rate and review it. Also, feel free to share this recipe with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch dice
4 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese
½ cup Cabot Light Sour Cream
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1½ teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch nutmeg
- Several grinds black pepper, plus more to taste
- COMBINE in a large saucepan Yukon Gold and sweet potatoes; add enough cold water to cover. Cover pan and bring to boil. Adjust heat to maintain gentle boil, cover pan and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- DRAIN well and return to pan. Add cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar, Parmesan, butter, salt, nutmeg, and pepper. With potato masher or ricer, mash potatoes until smooth. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- SERVE immediately. (If making in advance, reheat in 13- by 9-inch baking dish in 375°F oven until warmed through.)
- TIP: Simple Swap: It can still be a party without gobs of butter and sour cream (though we still added some for this rich-tasting side dish)! The addition of a sweet potato to traditional mashed potatoes adds a rich golden color and a day’s worth of immune-boosting vitamin A.
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 19 milligrams
- 571 milligrams
- 35 grams
- 4 grams
- 10 grams
- 204 milligrams