Greek Meat & Spinach Pie
Looking for more ways to substitute with Greek Yogurt? Then be sure to check out our Greek Yogurt Substitution Guide and learn about all the great benefits you receive simply by eating Greek Yogurt.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 (10-ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about ⅔ cup)
⅔ cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt or Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 recipe Easy Flaky Greek Yogurt Pie Crust or 1 package refrigerated pie crusts
- PREHEAT oven to 350ºF.
- HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat; add onions and cook, stirring, until tender and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute longer.
- Add beef to skillet and cook, breaking it up with spoon, until it is no longer pink and juices have evaporated, about 5 minutes. Transfer to large bowl.
- FIRMLY squeeze water out of spinach and add spinach to bowl. Add feta, yogurt, Parmesan, eggs, dill, mint, tomato paste, salt and pepper, combining well.
- PLACE one round of pie crust in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Spoon in filling in even layer. Moisten edge of bottom crust with water, and place second crust on top. Press and crimp edges together. Cut slits in top crust.
- BAKE for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden.
- per serving
- 32 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 17 grams
- 137 milligrams
- 886 milligrams
- 35 grams
- 3 grams
- 23 grams
- 295 milligrams