Grilled Cheesesteak Flatbread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound top round or other lean beef, cut into very thin strips
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 mini naan breads or flatbreads
- Green onions, sliced, for garnish
- HEAT a cast iron skillet on the grill to a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- ADD the beef to the skillet and allow it to brown, stirring occasionally.
- ADD the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the pan. Continue to cook 1-2 minutes longer. Remove beef from the pan and set aside.
- ADD the butter to a second skillet on the grill. Once melted, add the mushrooms and cook until browned, about 10-15 minutes. Then remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside with the steak.
- ADD the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the beef skillet and add the sliced onion and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to brown and caramelize, about 7-8 minutes. Add the meat and mushrooms back to the skillet and mix to combine.
- PLACE the naan on the grill and cook for 3-5 minutes on one side until beginning to crisp. Flip and layer with the meat-pepper mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
- CLOSE the grill cover and cook, 3-5 minutes longer, until the cheese has melted. Sprinkle with sliced green onions to garnish.
- Serving Size
- 1/6 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4.5 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 330 milligrams
- 29 grams
- 3 grams
- 5 grams
- 25 grams
- 93 milligrams