Grilled Portobello Caps
- 4 large Portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup cooked corn kernels (either from a fresh cooked cob, or frozen/thawed and microwaved)
- ½ cup chopped ripe tomatoes
- ⅛ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped pea shoots
- 1 jalapeño pepper, cut in half length-wise and seeds removed
- ½ small zucchini, cut length-wise into ⅛-inch strips
- ⅛ cup chopped basil
- HEAT the grill to medium heat.
- CUT the stem off the mushrooms, clean gently, and carefully scrape out the gills.
- DRIZZLE olive oil on both sides of the mushrooms, sliced zucchini and jalapeño and then sprinkle all with salt and pepper to taste.
- PLACE the vegetables on the grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. When done remove and set aside. Reduce grill heat to low.
- COMBINE the cooked corn kernels, chopped tomatoes, onion and pea shoots in a bowl. Dice the cooked zucchini and jalapeño and add to the filling mixture. Stir in half of the chopped basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- PLACE the mushroom caps on a piece of tin foil or in a grill-safe skillet. Top each mushroom cap with ⅛ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Close grill and cook until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- REMOVE from grill when done and fill each mushroom cap with one quarter of the vegetable filling. Top with remaining chopped basil and serve.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 recipe
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 10 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 10 milligrams
- 95 milligrams
- 8 grams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams
- 7 grams
- 113 milligrams