Ham, Broccoli & Alpine Omelet
Breakfast & Brunch
The most important meal of the day is breakfast, so start the day off right with this scrumptious lactose free ham and cheese omelet recipe. It works wonderfully with crunchy toast, and makes one serving. Because it features ham, broccoli and eggs, this tasty omelet has all the nutritious items that everybody needs to start a morning off the right way. The single ounce of Cabot Alpine Cheddar, preferably shredded, that this recipe calls for also adds a nice tangy flavor to the omelet. We know that you’ll enjoy this delicious recipe, so make sure to rate and review it after you’ve enjoyed it.
Cabot makes sure that only the highest quality ingredients end up in our cheeses, so when making this omelet, be sure to do the same. After picking up some Cabot Alpine Cheddar (or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, or Cabot Hand-Rubbed Tuscan Cheddar if you don’t have access to Alpine Cheddar), make sure to go through the recipe and pick up only the freshest ingredients. For instance, fresh broccoli is great, but frozen broccoli is also packed with nutrients that are often lost when fresh broccoli is transported to the market. Also, starting off with a protein-rich recipe like this ham and cheese omelet in the morning will help keep you feeling fuller throughout the day—that should definitely help fight off any snack-food cravings before lunch!
Our award-winning cheeses are made with love and care, and we make sure that our featured recipes only call for the best and freshest ingredients. We understand just how important family meals are, and we’re positive that your family will fall head over heels for this ham and cheese omelet recipe. After trying out this recipe, please make sure to rate and review it—we can’t wait to hear how much you and your family liked it!
- 2 eggs plus 1 egg-white
- Pinch salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon canola oil
- ½ cup chopped frozen broccoli, thawed
- ¼ cup diced ham, preferably smoked
1 ounce Cabot Alpine Cheddar, Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, or Cabot Hand-Rubbed Tuscan Cheddar, shredded (about ¼ cup)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- BEAT eggs, egg-white, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush oil over a small non-stick skillet with a pastry brush and place over medium-high heat. Add egg mixture and cook, lifting the edges of the cooked egg up and tilting the pan to allow uncooked egg to flow onto the surface of the pan.
- TOP with broccoli and ham and sprinkle with cheese once the egg is set up into one solid mass, about 1 minute. Lift up one edge of egg and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons water between the egg and the pan. Immediately cover the pan to trap steam inside. Cook until the cheese is melted and all of the egg is cooked by the steam, 1 to 2 minutes.
- FOLD omelet in half and tilt out of skillet onto plate to serve.
- per serving
- 23.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9.5 grams
- 431 milligrams
- 569 milligrams
- 6 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 34.5 grams
- 311 milligrams