Jalapeño Cheese Sauce Recipe
Dips Spreads & Dressings
1 ¾ cups
This simple Jalapeno Cheese Sauce recipe is loaded with flavor. Cabot Pepper Jack, chopped pickled jalapeno, garlic powder, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, and pepper all work together to bring you a truly delicious cheese sauce. This works really well as a dipping sauce for nachos, soft pretzels, chicken strips, and meatballs, and is also great served over vegetables or pasta. There are a so many terrific ways to use this sauce – give it a try and share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
This recipe is very easy and quick to make. Just like with our other cheese sauce recipes, you’ll begin by melting Cabot Unsalted Butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in all-purpose flour to make a roux, whisk in milk until smooth, then add seasonings and increase heat to medium-high. Bring to a simmer and stir constantly until the mixture thickens, about 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pepper jack cheese until smooth. Stir in two tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapeno and it’s ready to eat!
Looking for another fiery cheese sauce? Be sure to check out our Spicy Cheddar Cheese Sauce recipe, which uses Cabot Habanero Cheddar and smoked paprika to create a hot cheese sauce you’re sure to love. Did you know that Cabot is a co-operative of New England and New York farm families, who bring many years of experience making the best products for you and your family? We’d love to hear your feedback on this jalapeno cheese sauce recipe, so please rate and review it once you’ve tried it for yourself.
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
2 tablespoons King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
- 1¼ cup fat-free or regular milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (white pepper if desired)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
6 ounces of Cabot Pepper Jack, shredded (about 1½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno
- MELT butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- ADD flour, and stir to make a roux.
- WHISK in milk, and whisk until smooth, scraping roux out of the corners of the saucepan with a heat-proof spatula if necessary. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin and increase heat to medium high. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens, 2 to 4 minutes.
- REMOVE from heat and stir in cheese. Stir until smooth.
- STIR in chopped pickled jalapeno.
- Serving Size
- 1/4 cup
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 35 milligrams
- 280 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 0 grams
- 8 grams
- 225 milligrams