Jalapeño Popper Grilled Cheese
- 2 jalapeño peppers
4 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, room temperature
4 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack, sliced
- 4 slices of thick bread like Texas Toast
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, softened
- Salt and pepper to taste
- PREHEAT the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- SLICE the peppers in half, remove the membranes and seeds and stuff each half with 1 ounce of cream cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- BAKE for 15 t0 20 minutes until the peppers and cheese have softened slightly, but still hold their shape.
- BUTTER one side of each slice of bread. Turn two of the slices over and top each with ¼ of the Pepper Jack cheese, two halves of the jalapeno poppers and the remaining cheese. Top with the remaining slices of bread buttered side up.
- HEAT a large nonstick or cast iron skillet over medium low heat and grill the sandwiches until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, about 3 – 5 minutes per side.
- Serving Size
- 1 sandwich
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 56 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 30 grams
- 135 milligrams
- 1070 milligrams
- 43 grams
- 4 grams
- 7 grams
- 22 grams
- 483 milligrams