Jam and Butter Biscuits
Breakfast & Brunch
½ cup of cold Cabot Extra Creamy Premium Salted Butter, diced
- 2¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of cold milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- Strawberry jam
½ tablespoon Cabot Extra Creamy Premium Salted Butter (per biscuit)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper over a large baking sheet.
- ADD the milk and lemon juice to a measuring cup. Let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- ADD flour, baking powder, baking soda and diced cold butter to a stand mixing bowl with a paddle attachment. At the lowest speed, mix it until the butter starts to crumble up.
- WHISK the egg, vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract and milk-lemon juice mixture in a separate bowl until well combined.
- ADD the egg mixture gradually into the flour-butter mixture and mix until very roughly combined. Don’t over mix this step.
- POUR the mixture over a floured surface and fold the dough a few times to create layers. Flatten the dough to be about 1½-inches thick. Use a 2-inch round cookie cutter and cut out the biscuits and place them on the baking sheet.
- BAKE for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Remove from the oven and immediately brush some melted butter on top.
- SERVE while they are warm with some jam and butter.
- Serving Size
- 1/8 recipe (1 biscuit)
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 13 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 55 milligrams
- 260 milligrams
- 35 grams
- 6 grams
- 82 milligrams