Lemon Baked Salmon with Herb & Greek Yogurt Béarnaise Sauce
You won’t believe how simple to prepare by festive looking this baked salmon recipe is. It is perfect for entertaining. Just roast a large filet of salmon, whole on a bed of lemon and herbs. Then top with our easy Greek Yogurt Béarnaise sauce.
- 3 lemons, divided
- 4 springs tarragon, plus 1½ teaspoon chopped, divided
- 4 sprigs dill
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 pounds boneless salmon filet
1 ¾ teaspoon coarse kosher salt, divided
- 2 pinches ground white pepper, divided
- 4 egg yolks
2 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter, melted
¾ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 10 dashes Tabasco hot sauce, or to taste
- BRING one inch water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler or large saucepan. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- SLICE two lemons. Zest and juice the remaining lemon, and set aside.
- ARRANGE lemon, tarragon sprigs, dill and thyme on the baking dish. Top with salmon, skin side down. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon coarse salt and a pinch of white pepper over the salmon. Bake until the salmon just flakes when probed with a fork, 20 to 22 minutes.
- MEANWHILE whisk thelemon juice andegg yolks in the top of the double boiler or metal bowl. Adjust heat under the double boiler so the water is at a gentle simmer. Set bowl over the simmering water in the double boiler or saucepan and whisk until the egg mixture is steaming hot and thickening, but not curdling along the edge, 2½ to 3 minutes.
- REMOVE the egg mixture from the heat and whisk in butter. Whisk in yogurt. Whisk in tarragon, Tabasco, the remaining 1¼ teaspoon salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon lemon zest.
- DIVIDE the salmon among 8 dishes, leaving the skin behind. Top with bernaise sauce and serve immediately.
- per serving
- 30 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 10 grams
- 225 milligrams
- 660 milligrams
- 5 grams
- 1 grams
- 35 grams
- 91 milligrams