Loaded Baked Potato Recipe
Planning on making a hearty dish for a family meal? Then make sure to try out this loaded baked potato recipe—it’s packed with flavor! This dish combines both savory Cabot Light Sour Cream and Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar with healthy broccoli to create a dish that even the pickiest eater will love. It also doesn’t hurt that this recipe also calls for crumbled bacon, and honestly, who doesn’t love bacon? Cabot takes pride in all of its cheeses, and we know that this recipe featuring our Cabot cheddar and sour cream will surely be a popular one in your home. Make sure to rate and review this recipe after you’ve tried it.
Baked potatoes are always fun and easy to make, and they’re also very satisfying too. This particular baked potato recipe features a delicious helping of sour cream, cheddar, green onions and crumbled bacon, so it’s obviously quite tasty. When cooking, make sure to add your cheese to the potatoes and mash it all until it’s very creamy—don’t forget to add the broccoli too! After you’ve added everything to the potato shells, all that needs to be done is to pop these potatoes into the microwave. This recipe makes for four servings.
Cabot is a farmer run, family-oriented company, and we want to make sure that your family enjoys all of the recipes we offer on our site. So please make sure to share all of your thoughts, comments and tips about each of our recipes. We love to hear your feedback, and your suggestions are extremely helpful to others who try our recipes, so make sure to rate and review this loaded baked potato recipe and share your thoughts on your favorite social media channels. We’re looking forward to seeing what you have to say about this delectable dish!
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup water
⅓ cup Cabot Light Sour Cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper, preferably white
5 ounces Cabot Farmhouse Reserve Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 1 ¼ cups), divided
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- PRICK potatoes all over with fork. Microwave, turning occasionally, until tender inside, about 16 minutes. Let cool for 12 minutes.
- PLACE broccoli and water in small microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave until broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes. Carefully remove cover, drain broccoli and set aside.
- CUT off top one-fourth of cooled potatoes. Scoop most of flesh into large bowl, including flesh from tops.
- ADD sour cream, salt and pepper and mash with potato masher until creamy.
- ADD ¾ cup of cheese and mash again until cheese is melted into potato. Stir in reserved broccoli, green onions and bacon.
- DIVIDE mixture among potato shells. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar. Place potatoes in small microwave-safe baking dish; microwave for 45 seconds to 2 minutes or just until cheese on top is melted.
- Serving Size
- 1 potato
- per serving
- 15 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 8 grams
- 49 milligrams
- 533 milligrams
- 69 grams
- 8 grams
- 20 grams
- 357 milligrams