Make-Ahead Spaghetti Pie
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or extra-lean ground beef
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with Italian herbs
1 (8-ounce) container Cabot Light Sour Cream2 teaspoons chopped garlic
6 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar (tossed with ¼ teaspoon dried Italian herbs), grated (about 1 ½ cups), divided
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- Cooking spray
- COOK meat in a large skillet over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble. Stir in salt, pepper, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- COMBINE sour cream, garlic and ½ cup cheddar in a small bowl. Place spaghetti noodles in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate or 2-quart casserole dish coated with cooking spray.
- SPREAD sour cream mixture over spaghetti noodles. Spoon meat mixture over sour cream mixture, using slotted spoon. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 7 grams
- 400 milligrams
- 32 grams
- 3 grams
- 23 grams
- 250 milligrams