Mini Mexican Pizzas
12 mini pizzas for 6 appetizer servings
These mini Mexican pizzas make the perfect snack or appetizer, especially when you’re in the mood for both Mexican food and pizza! You’ll love how easy they are to make and how easily you can customize them to suit your taste. Once you’ve made and enjoyed these Mexican pizzas, share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make 12 mini pizzas (6 appetizer servings), you’ll need enough whole wheat flour tortillas to cut out 12 medium circles (approximately 3-4 tortillas), 1 cup of cooked lean ground turkey or beef, ½ cup low-fat refried beans, ½ cup salsa (plus more for garnish), 2 teaspoons taco seasoning and about ½ cup Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar. Optional additions include black olives, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and Cabot Light Sour Cream.
Preheat oven to 425°F and coat a 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray. Place tortillas on work surface and, with a cookie cutter and an empty can or glass, cut 3 to 4 medium circles from each tortilla, for a total of 12 circles. Gently press each circle into the muffin tin. Note: The tortilla circle doesn’t have to cover entire side of tin, but should fit snugly.
In a small bowl, combine the meat, refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning, Divide the mixture evenly among tortilla cups and top each with some cheese and olives, if using. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin with a fork or knife. Serve with a side of salsa and, if desired, lettuce, sour cream, and/or chopped tomatoes.
If you’re on a pizza kick and want to make one regular size pizza, make this Southwest Pizza next! Cabot is owned by 800 farm families who work hard to ensure that all our products are made using only the finest ingredients. We’d love to hear your thoughts so, if you’d rate and review these Mini Mexican Pizzas after making them, we’d really appreciate it!
- Cooking spray
- 3-4 large whole-wheat flour tortillas (enough to cut out 12 medium circles)
- 1 cup cooked lean ground turkey or beef
- ½ cup lowfat refried beans
- ½ cup salsa, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
2 ounces Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- Sliced black olives (optional)
Optional additions: shredded lettuce, Cabot Light Sour Cream, chopped tomatoes
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Coat 12-count muffin tin with cooking spray.
- PLACE tortillas on work surface. With cookie cutter, empty can or glass, cut 3 to 4 medium circles from each tortilla, for a total of 12.
- PRESS each circle gently into a muffin tin (it doesn’t have to cover entire side of tin, but should just fit snugly.)
- COMBINE meat, refried beans, ½ cup salsa and taco seasoning in small bowl, stirring together well. Divide mixture among tortilla cups. Top each with some of cheese, plus olives if using.
- BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let cool slightly, then remove from muffin tin with fork or knife.
- SERVE with side of salsa, plus lettuce, sour cream and/or chopped tomatoes if desired.
- per serving
- 5.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 479 milligrams
- 16 grams
- 3 grams
- 11.5 grams
- 82 milligrams