Peanut Butter Banana Pancakes
Breakfast & Brunch
Most of us love to splurge on some good, old-fashioned pancakes now and then. But wouldn’t you like to indulge in this classic breakfast food more often, and without the guilt? Well, with these peanut butter banana pancakes in your recipe arsenal, you can! Made with white whole wheat flour, whey protein powder, ground flax seed, peanut butter, and bananas, these pancakes pack both protein and flavor. After you’ve made them, feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
To make 3 medium-size pancakes, begin by gathering all your ingredients, as listed below. Start by whisking together the flour, whey protein powder, flax seed, powdered peanut butter, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine the banana, egg white, milk, and Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt, and mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
Place a griddle (or nonstick skillet) over medium high heat. Once pan is heated, spoon batter onto griddle (or nonstick skillet) and cook until the pancake edges begin to set. Then flip and cook until done.
In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and maple syrup and microwave on high for 30 to 45 seconds, or until peanut butter melts. Stir together and drizzle over pancakes. If desired, top pancakes with fresh sliced bananas.
For another high protein pancake recipe with a lovely crunchiness that comes from finely chopped walnuts, try these High Protein Crunchy Pancakes. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families who work together to bring you the highest quality products around. We’d love to hear your feedback on this peanut butter pancake recipe, so please rate and review it after trying it out.
2 tablespoons King Arthur White Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons whey protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg white or 1 large egg white
- 2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Garnish: dried or fresh banana slices
- WHISK together flour, protein powder, flax, powdered peanut butter and baking powder. In a separate bowl, combine banana, egg white, milk and yogurt; mix well. Add to dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- HEAT a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spoon batter onto griddle. Cook until edges of pancakes are beginning to set; flip and cook until done.
- COMBINE peanut butter and maple syrup in a small bowl; microwave on HIGH 30 to 45 seconds or until peanut butter is melted. Stir together and drizzle over pancakes. Top with dried or fresh bananas, if desired.
- Serving Size
- 1/3 recipe
- per serving
- 6 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 20 milligrams
- 115 milligrams
- 17 grams
- 2 grams
- 12 grams
- 82 milligrams