Potato, Apple and Sausage Bake
Though making dinner for the whole family is extremely important, it can sometimes be a tiresome task to undertake. This lactose free potato and sausage bake recipe is a pretty simple dish to make, and because it features ample amounts of sausage, potatoes and apples, it’s both filling and wholesome too! This recipe makes six servings, and it’s bound to be a popular one in your household—the honey, whole-grain mustard, cider vinegar and our tasty Cabot Alpine Cheddar helps to make this dish an extremely flavorful one. Try out this recipe and let us know what you think by rating and reviewing it.
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as potatoes and sausage. This potato and sausage bake features a whole lot of tasty items, and it’s definitely going to go fast when you serve it up on your kitchen table. This recipe calls for one and a half pounds of potatoes, as well as four fully cooked chicken sausages and two golden delicious apples. After roasting everything, the recipe calls for four ounces of Cabot Alpine Cheddar to be sprinkled on top—this is where the dish really becomes flavorful!
Cabot Creamery is a farm family owned dairy cooperative of over 1,000 farms. Because of that, we truly understand the importance of family. When it comes to our recipes, we make sure that we feature only the best—all of our recipes will definitely be a hit in your home, and the entire family will be satisfied. We can’t wait to hear how much your family loved this potato and sausage bake, so make sure to rate and review it after you’ve tried making it!
- 1 ½ pounds small potatoes, such as red, blue or gold, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 links fully-cooked chicken sausage, sliced (12-ounces)
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1–inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or red wine vinegar
4 ounces Cabot Alpine Cheddar, Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Parsley for garnish, optional
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- TOSS potatoes, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl until coated. Spread out in a large heavy roasting pan. Roast 20 minutes, stirring once or twice. While potatoes roast, stir sausage, apples, mustard, honey and vinegar together in the bowl.
- REDUCE oven temperature to 375°F. Remove roasting pan from the oven. Scrape potatoes up from the pan with a spatula. Add sausage, apples and the mustard mixture to the potatoes and toss to combine. Return to the oven and bake, stirring once or twice until the potatoes and apples are tender and the glaze is caramelized, 30 to 35 minutes.
- SCRAPE potato mixture into the center of the roasting pan. Top with cheese and return to the oven only until melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- per serving
- 16.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 6 grams
- 84 milligrams
- 998 milligrams
- 38 grams
- 4.5 grams
- 16 grams
- 157 milligrams