Potato, Cabbage & Cabot Cheddar Casserole
Breakfast & Brunch
- 5 cups peeled and thinly sliced russet (baking) potatoes (about 2 pounds)
3 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 6 cups thinly sliced Savoy cabbage (about 1 small head)
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- BRING large saucepan of water to boil. Add potatoes and cook for 5 minutes. Drain in colander and set aside.
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring often, until cabbage is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Coat 8-by-8-inch or similar baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange one third of potatoes over bottom of dish. Scatter one third of cheese over potatoes. Top with half of cabbage.
- ADD another third of potatoes and another third of cheese. Top with remaining cabbage.
- ARRANGE remaining potatoes on top. Set remaining cheese aside. Cover baking dish tightly with foil.
- BAKE for 45 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with reserved cheese. Return to oven briefly to melt cheese.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 14 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 9 grams
- 41 milligrams
- 557 milligrams
- 23 grams
- 4 grams
- 10 grams
- 230 milligrams