Potato, Cheddar & Corn Chowder
Soups Stews & Chili
4-6 main course servings
Potato corn chowder is the perfect soup when you want coziness in a bowl. It’s hearty, full of flavor and filling enough to have for lunch or dinner. With just 6 ingredients (not including salt and pepper!), this recipe comes together quickly, making it great to serve any day of the week. You’ll find Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar makes this dish even more delicious and will definitely keep you coming back for more! After you’ve made this cheesy corn chowder, be sure to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
Can’t get enough corn chowder? Be sure to try Barstow’s Longview Farm’s Cheddar-Corn Chowder next! Did you know that Cabot is a co-operative of 800 farm families who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products? We’d love to hear your thoughts about this potato corn chowder recipe so, if you could rate and review it once you’ve given it a try, we’d really appreciate it!
- 4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 (14.75-ounce) cans creamed corn
8 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1½ teaspoons dried minced garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- About 1 cup heavy cream, depending on desired thickness
- MAKE 4-6 main course servings by combining the potatoes and onions in a large pot and add enough water to just cover. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
MASH the potatoes (do not drain), leaving some lumps. Add the cans of creamed corn, Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar and dried minced garlic.
- PLACE over low heat and stir until cheese is melted and blended in. Generously season with salt and pepper and add enough heavy cream to make the soup the consistency and thickness you desire. Enjoy!
- per serving
- 28.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 16 grams
- 692 milligrams
- 100 grams
- 6.5 grams
- 19 grams
- 318 milligrams