Potato Cheese Croquettes
These crispy potato croquettes are a few steps up from traditional ones as they have the addition of delicious melted cheddar cheese in the middle and are covered in crunchy Panko breadcrumbs. Top them with ketchup and fresh parsley for even greater flavor and a lovely presentation. And don’t feel too guilty if you can’t stop eating them since they’re baked instead of fried! Once you’ve made these wonderful little bites, share the recipe with family and friends on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
Begin by boiling potatoes in water until tender. Time will vary based on the size of the potatoes, but it should take approximately 30-40 minutes.
Preheat oven to 450°F. In the meantime, mash the potatoes with a fork and add up to ¼ cup of water to make them stick together a bit more, if necessary. Add the grated Cabot Sharp Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper, and mix until completely incorporated.
Form the potato and cheese mixture into 12 large croquettes (if you wish to make more croquettes, you can form smaller ones). Coat each croquette in flour, dip into the egg mixture, and cover in the Panko breadcrumbs. Then place the croquettes on a baking sheet and generously spray each croquette with cooking spray. Bake until lightly golden brown and cheese begins to bubble out, about 15-20 minutes.
When you’re in the mood for mashed potatoes, you’ll have to try our Cabot Cheddar Mashed Potatoes recipe. Cabot is owned by 800 farm families who work hard to ensure that all of our products are made using only the finest ingredients. That’s why we’re confident that you’ll love these cheesy potato croquettes. We’d love to hear your thoughts so, if you’d rate and review the recipe after trying it out, we’d really appreciate it!
- 1.5 pounds potatoes (about 5 medium potatoes), peeled
- ¼ cup water
8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
¼ cup King Arthur Unbleached Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Toppings: ketchup and parsley
- BOIL potatoes in water until tender, about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F.
- MASH potatoes with a fork and add up to ¼ cup of water, if needed to make them stick together a bit more. Add the cheese, salt and pepper, and mix to incorporate completely.
- Form the potato and cheese mixture into 12 croquettes (these will be large but you can also make them smaller). Coat each croquette in flour, dip into the egg mixture, and cover in breadcrumbs.
- PLACE the croquettes on a baking sheet and generously spray each croquette with cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and cheese begins to bubble out.
- per serving