Quick & Healthy Potato Casserole Recipe
Casseroles are great all-around dishes, whether you’re looking for a quick meal to serve your family or you’re in need of a favorite potluck recipe to add to your repertoire. This healthy potato casserole recipe, which makes around six servings, promises a ton of great flavor while being healthier than other casseroles. Once you’ve tried it for yourself, please go ahead and share the recipe with your friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
Our Quick & Healthy Potato Casserole only requires seven ingredients – and you may even have a few on hand. You’ll need Yukon Gold potatoes, onions, Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar cheese, Dijon mustard, stock or reduced-sodium broth, Italian herb seasoning, and garlic salt. With these few ingredients, this healthy casserole is easy to prepare – even during the week. To save extra time, you can always slice the potatoes and onions and grate the cheese beforehand – that way, everything will be ready to go and come together even more quickly. Once the casserole is layered in a baking dish, it only takes about twenty minutes to cook in the microwave on a high setting. Yes, you read that right. This dish is so convenient to make that it doesn’t even require using an oven!
Cabot is a cooperative of New England and New York farm families. We firmly believe that you should serve the best foods to your family and friends, so we work hard to ensure that all of our dairy products are made using only the finest ingredients. We’re confident that you’ll love our Quick & Healthy Potato Casserole recipe, but we’d love to hear your thoughts about the dish after you try it – so please rate and review the recipe once you do!
1¼ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup quartered and thinly sliced onion
- ½ teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- ½ cup stock or reduced-sodium broth
1½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- SPRAY an 8-inch microwave-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- PLACE ⅓ of potatoes and ½ of onions on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with ⅓ of the cheese and ½ of the herb seasoning. Repeat layers, then top with the last ⅓ of potatoes, layering potatoes so that there is a solid layer of potatoes with no gaps; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- STIR together stock, Dijon and garlic salt and pour over the potatoes. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 20 minutes.
- REMOVE dish from microwave, using oven mitts; carefully remove cover from dish due to steam build-up and serve.
- Serving Size
- 6 servings
- per serving
- 3 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 270 milligrams
- 20 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 8 grams
- 152 milligrams