Rye Boat with Cha Cha Filling
- 1 (1-pound) round loaf rye bread
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter, melted
8 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack cheese, finely grated (about 2 cups)
1 ½ cups Cabot Light Sour Cream
6 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, softened
- 6 ounces diced ham
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- SLICE top off bread and set aside. Scoop out bread from bottom of loaf, leaving ½ inch-thick shell. Cut scooped-out bread into cubes. In a bowl, combine oil and melted butter; add bread cubes and toss together well; spread out on baking sheet and set aside.
- MIX together in large bowl sour cream and cream cheese. Add ham, green onions, garlic and spices; stir together well.
- SPOON cheese mixture into hollowed-out bread. Replace top and wrap in two layers of foil. Set on another baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- PLACE reserved bread cubes in oven alongside loaf and bake until toasted, about 10 minutes longer.
- UNWRAP loaf and place on large platter, surrounded by toasted bread, grapes and wedges of apple and avocado.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 7 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 220 milligrams
- 20 milligrams
- 10 grams
- 5 grams
- 87 milligrams