Slow Cooker Broccoli-Cheddar Soup
Soups Stews & Chili
On a chilly fall day, there’s nothing better than a warm, freshly made soup. If you’re in the mood for a hearty soup for dinner, then we recommend trying out our recipe for crockpot broccoli cheddar soup. The recipe, which makes six servings, is extremely rich, making this dish a filling treat! The soup is packed with onions, potatoes, extra sharp cheddar, butter, chicken broth, and evaporated milk. If you think your friends and family might like to try making the recipe themselves, then please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter.
This crockpot broccoli cheddar soup recipe will take a couple of hours to make, but it’s worth the wait. First off, make sure you have a slow cooker handy. The soup will slowly cook for at least two hours, and a slow cooker is the best way to apply even, light heat over an extended period of time. Regarding ingredients, you’ll need two tablespoons of Cabot Salted Butter, a chopped onion, King Arthur All-Purpose Flour, 2 cans of chicken broth, two cups of peeled and diced potatoes, three cups of broccoli (chopped and thinly sliced), evaporated milk, Cabot’s Extra Sharp Cheddar, lemon zest, and ground black pepper. The directions below feature everything you need to know about making the soup.
We hope you enjoy our crockpot broccoli cheddar soup recipe. If you’re interested in trying a slow-cooker recipe, then you should definitely check out our recipe for slow-cooker macaroni and cheese. It’ll definitely be a hit with your family. Here at Cabot, we work hard to ensure that all of our award-winning cheeses and dairy products are made using only the finest and healthiest ingredients. We hope you and your family enjoy our crockpot broccoli cheddar soup recipe, but we want to make sure that the soup is up to our high standards. After trying the recipe, please rate and review it.
2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups peeled and diced boiling potatoes
- 3 cups broccoli (chopped florets and thinly sliced stems)
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
12 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 3 cups)
- Pinch of lemon zest
- Ground black pepper to taste
- MELT butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender and starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds longer. Gradually whisk in 1 can broth and stir until simmering and thickened.
- TRANFER onion mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining can broth and potatoes, stirring to combine. Cover and cook on high setting for 2 hours, or until starting to simmer.
- STIR in broccoli and evaporated milk. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer, or until broccoli is tender.
- ADD cheese and stir until melted. Stir in lemon zest and season with pepper.
- per serving
- 24 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15 grams
- 75 milligrams
- 1047 grams
- 5 grams
- 24 grams
- 630 milligrams