Slow Cooker Macaroni & Cheese
Mac and cheese is a popular dish for a reason—it’s absolutely delicious! But if there’s one surefire way to make mac and cheese even tastier, it’s by using a slow cooker to prepare it. If that sounds like a dish to try out with the family for dinner, then check out this slow-cooker mac and cheese recipe—it’s easy to make and easy to follow. It makes for six servings, and it’s extremely tasty. After trying out this recipe, please make sure to rate and review it. Also, please feel free to share this recipe with friends and family on social media to—we can’t wait to hear what others have to say about this scrumptious dish!
This slow-cooker mac and cheese calls for some rather basic ingredients. All that’s needed to get this dish going are four tablespoons of Cabot Salted Butter, a quarter cup of King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, salt, milk, elbow macaroni (that one’s crucial!), four cups of grated Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (or Cabot Sharp Cheddar), a half cup of dry bread crumbs and vegetable oil. The crockpot or slow cooker does most of the work when it comes to preparing this dish, so just make sure to stay patient. Also you can add some breadcrumbs to this dish after you make it to add a little extra flavor and crunch.
At Cabot, we take pride in our award-winning cheeses, and because of that, we’re confident that any recipe that calls for our popular dairy products will be a definite hit in your home. So, after trying this recipe, please make sure to rate and review it. Secondly, after trying this recipe, please feel free to share pictures of your meal (along with this recipe) on social media. So go ahead and start cooking!
4 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
¼ cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 4½ cups milk
- 12 ounces (about 2½ cups) uncooked elbow macaroni
16 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, Cabot Sharp Cheddar or Cabot 1 Year Cheddar grated (about 4 cups)
- ½ cup unflavored dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- PLACE butter in large microwave-safe bowl and cover top loosely with plastic wrap (to prevent spattering); microwave on high power until butter is melted, about 1 minute. Whisk in flour and salt until well combined and microwave, uncovered, for 1 ½ minutes longer.
- WHISK in milk, adding it gradually at first; stir in macaroni. Microwave, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir well to break up any clumps of macaroni, then microwave for 9 minutes longer, or until sauce is thickened and macaroni is starting to soften.
- COAT inside of crockpot with nonstick cooking spray or rub with oil. Add macaroni mixture. Stir in cheese until well combined.
- WORK together breadcrumbs and oil with fingertips, in a small bowl, until well blended; sprinkle evenly over macaroni. Cover and cook on high setting for 1 hour, or until tender and bubbling on edges.
- per serving
- 38.5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 21 grams
- 986 milligrams
- 63 grams
- 2.5 grams
- 34 grams
- 782 milligrams