Spicy Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
For a healthier and heartier version of the typical cornbread muffin, you’ll want to try these spicy cheddar cornbread muffins. Made with coconut flour instead of cornmeal and Swerve (a natural sweetener that measures cup-for-cup like sugar) in place of regular sugar (though you can use regular sugar if preferred), these muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack. Chili powder, extra sharp cheddar, green onions, and chipotle peppers add delicious flavor. Feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
For 16 mini muffins, you’ll need to gather the following ingredients: coconut flour, Swerve (or sugar, if preferred), baking powder, kosher salt, chili powder, eggs, milk, canola oil, Cabot Cottage Cheese, Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar (grated), green onions (chopped), and canned chipotle peppers (chopped).
Preheat oven to 325°F and coat a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Whisk together dry ingredients in a medium-size bowl and combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl, as directed below. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Stir in cheese, green onions, and chipotle peppers. Divide batter evenly among the 16 muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes.
For another spicy cornbread recipe, try our Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread next! Did you know that Cabot is a cooperative of New York and New England farm families who all work diligently to produce only the highest quality products? We’d love for you to share your thoughts about these spicy cheddar cornbread muffins so, if you could rate and review the recipe once you’ve given it a try, we’d really appreciate it!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons Swerve (or sugar, if preferred)
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup canola oil
2 tablespoons Cabot Cottage Cheese
2 ounces Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 to 2 canned chipotle peppers, chopped
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
- COAT 16 mini-muffin cups with cooking spray.
- WHISK together coconut flour, Swerve, baking powder, salt and chili powder in a medium-size bowl.
- COMBINE eggs, milk, oil and cottage cheese in a separate bowl.
- ADD to dry ingredients and stir until well combined. Stir in cheese, green onion and chipotle peppers. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Baked at 325°F for 25 minutes (be careful not to burn.)
- per serving