Think homemade ravioli is too complicated and time consuming to make? Think again! This spinach ravioli recipe requires just a short list of simple ingredients and is very easy to prepare, thanks to the use of wonton wrappers. And, made with chopped spinach, turkey sausage, fat-free ricotta cheese, and Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar (or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar), it’s healthy too! Give it a try and feel free to share the recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter.
After gathering your ingredients and watching the instructional video below, you’ll be all set to make some spinach ravioli! Begin by removing the casing from the turkey sausage and crumbling it in a small skillet while browning over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Then combine the sausage, spinach, ricotta, ½ cup of grated cheddar, salt, pepper, and garlic, being sure to mix everything together well.
Work with 2 wonton wrappers at a time (we recommend keeping the remaining wrappers covered with a damp towel so they don’t dry out). Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the spinach filling onto the center of one wrapper, moisten the edges of both wrappers with water, and then place the second wrapper over the filling. Pinch the 4 edges together (or use the back of a fork) to completely seal the two wrappers together, ensuring no water will get inside when you cook the ravioli. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Cook ravioli in batches, until tender. When ready to serve, warm up marinara sauce in the microwave, spoon evenly over ravioli, and top with remaining cheese.
Be sure to also try our Cheesy BLT Pasta Salad with Cabot Light Sour Cream. As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, our mission is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this spinach ravioli once you’ve made it!
- 1 Italian turkey sausage, casing removed and crumbled (about ⅓ – ½ cup)
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ⅓ cup fat-free ricotta cheese
4 ounces Cabot Lite75 Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Lite50 Sharp Cheddar, grated & divided (about 1 cup)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- COOK sausage in small skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned.
- COMBINE sausage, spinach, ricotta, ½ cup of cheddar, salt, pepper and garlic, mixing well.
- WORKING with 2 wonton wrappers at a time (cover remaining wrappers with damp towel to keep from drying out if needed), spoon about 1 tablespoon of spinach filling onto center of one wrapper. Moisten edges of both wrappers with water; place second wrapper over filling. Pinch 4 edges together or use back of fork to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- WORKING in batches, gently lower wonton ravioli into lightly boiling water. Cook for 2 minutes or until tender; drain well.
- WARM marinara sauce in microwave until hot; spoon evenly over ravioli and top with remaining cheese.
- per serving
- 8 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 3 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 1251 milligrams
- 51 grams
- 4 grams
- 22 grams
- 430 milligrams