Sweet Potato Cornbread
Cabot’s easy cornbread recipe is far from flavorless. In fact, because the recipe calls for our two percent plain Greek yogurt, our easy cornbread is downright moist, sweet, and delicious. The recipe makes for eight servings. You can serve the cornbread for practically every meal of the day. The bread is best when served hot and warm with some tasty Cabot butter, or you can serve it with some fresh soup or chili too. After trying the recipe, feel free to share it with your family and friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest—we can’t wait to hear what they all have to say about the dish!
The secret to this easy cornbread recipe is the combination of mashed sweet potato and Greek yogurt. The yogurt helps to keep the bread moist, while the potato ensures that the bread will remain dense and flavorful during the baking process. In order to get things rolling, you’ll need King Arthur unbleached flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, Cabot Unsalted Butter, an egg, milk, Cabot two percent Plain Greek Yogurt, and mashed sweet potatoes. After you’re done making the recipe, please take a few pictures and upload them to social media. We’d love to check out the final product!
If you’re a big fan of cornbread, consider trying our recipe for jalapeno cheddar cornbread. It’s a devilishly spicy dish that’s great to serve at lunch or dinnertime. Cabot is a cooperative of over 800 farm families. We produce some of the most popular cheeses and dairy products in the country. We understand how important it is to only serve the best to your family at mealtime, which is why we work so hard to ensure that all of our cheeses are made with only the most high quality ingredients. After trying our moist cornbread recipe, please rate and review it. We’d love to hear your thoughts about the dish.
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
⅓ cup vegetable oil or Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
1 cup Cabot Lowfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potato
- PREHEAT oven to 450ºF.
- MIX together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- POUR oil if using, into 10-inch cast iron skillet and place in oven for 5 to 10 minutes to preheat. If using butter, place in skillet and put in oven until melted and hot but not bubbling.
- WHISK egg lightly in a small bowl while oil or butter heats; add milk and yogurt and whisk to combine.
- ADD yogurt mixture and sweet potato to dry ingredients, stirring to combine. Stir in hot oil or butter. (It will not incorporate into batter perfectly, which is fine). Pour batter back into hot skillet.
- BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until nicely browned on top and paring knife or skewer inserted in center comes out clean.
- LET cornbread cool in pan for at least 30 minutes for easy removal.
- per serving
- 11 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1.5 grams
- 25 milligrams
- 532 milligrams
- 45 grams
- 2 grams
- 8 grams
- 143 milligrams