Sweet Potato Mac & Cheese Gratin
Mac & Cheese
Cabot’s sweet potato mac and cheese gratin combines the cheesy goodness of mac and cheese with the creamy sweetness of au gratin potatoes. Turn two ordinary side dishes into one extraordinary casserole with this simple recipe.
1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
1 recipe Herb Mac and Cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half, whole or skim milk*
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ⅛-inch thick slices
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
2 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about ½ cup)
- PREHEAT oven to 400ºF. Spread butter over bottom and sides of 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- STIR together mac and cheese and half-and-half or milk in a large bowl until well blended.
- SPREAD one third of mac and cheese mixture over bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of sweet potatoes on top, slightly overlapping slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- TOP with another third of mac and cheese, then remaining sweet potatoes, salt and pepper. Spread with remaining mac and cheese. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil.
- BAKE for 45 to 60 minutes or until sweet potatoes start to soften. Remove foil and sprinkle top with cheese. Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes longer or until cheese is nice and brown and potatoes are tender.
- per serving
- 37 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 20 grams
- 112 milligrams
- 713 milligrams
- 82 grams
- 4.5 grams
- 32 grams
- 719 milligrams