Taco Quinoa Bowl
Grain bowls are very popular these days and for good reason. They are quick, versatile and easy to make, but also healthy and delicious. Plus, you can make them your own by swapping in your favorite grain and toppings! Whether you’re already an expert at making these delicious dishes or have yet to try your first one, you’ll love this taco bowl recipe, made with a flavorful and easy to make homemade taco seasoning. Spread the taco bowl love by sharing this recipe with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and Twitter!
To make 4 servings, begin by mixing the taco seasoning and set it aside. Store extra seasoning in an airtight container
Place the quinoa in a colander and rinse with warm water. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium to large pot and add the rinsed quinoa. Turn the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
Next, heat a cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat while the quinoa is cooking. Add the ground beef or other protein of choice and cook until browned and fully cooked and, if necessary, drain.
Add a tablespoon or two of the homemade taco seasoning and stir to mix well. Add a couple tablespoons of water (or a splash or two of your favorite beer for added flavor!) and turn the heat to low. Stir and let simmer for three or four minutes.
To serve, divide the quinoa between four bowls and top each with the meat, corn, onions, beans, avocado, tomatoes and pico de gallo or salsa. Then top with your favorite shredded Cabot Cheddar Cheese, a little Cabot Sour Cream, fresh cilantro and sliced limes.
If you love this taco bowl, you’re also going to love our Chicken Tortilla Pie! As a co-operative of over 800 farm families, our goal is to make the highest quality and best tasting dairy products you’ll find. We’d love for you to rate and review this taco bowl recipe once you’ve made it!
- 1 pound of freshly ground hamburger, bison, chicken, turkey, beans or vegetables
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ears of corn, shucked, cleaned and sliced off the cob or 2 cups frozen corn
1 to 2 avocados, pitted and diced
- 1½ cups of cooked black beans or 12 ounces of canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
4 ounces of your favorite Cabot Cheddar Cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup of pico de gallo or salsa
- 1 lime, halved, with one half cut into slices for garnish
Cabot Sour Cream
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons of water or beer
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- MIX taco seasoning and set aside. Extra seasoning can be stored in an airtight container.
- PLACE the quinoa in a colander and rinse with warm water. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a medium to large pot and add the rinsed quinoa. Turn the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- HEAT a cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium heat while the quinoa is cooking. Add the ground beef or other protein and cook until browned and fully cooked. Drain if necessary. Add a tablespoon or two of the taco seasoning and stir to mix well. Add a couple tablespoons of water or a splash or two of your favorite beer and turn the heat to low, stir and let simmer for three or four minutes.
- DIVIDE the quinoa between four bowls and top each with the meat, corn, onions, beans, avocado, tomatoes, and pico de gallo or salsa. Then top with cheese, a little sour cream, cilantro and sliced limes.
- per serving
- 36 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 13 grams
- 105 milligrams
- 1550 milligrams
- 13 grams
- 42 grams
- 295 milligrams