The Big Game Open-Faced Kielbasa Grilled Cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) link kielbasa, cut in 4 equal sections, each sliced in half
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, sliced into thin rings
1 loaf Chabaso Ciabatta, or other available rustic loaf
6 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar or Cabot Horseradish Cheddar, sliced medium thin (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup mustard
- HEAT olive oil in large skillet and sauté pepper and onion rings over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent.
- PUSH onions and peppers to one side and add kielbasa. Brown on both sides, making sure not to burn peppers and onions.
- CUT two four-inch sections of the ciabatta and split in half. Coat each slice with mustard.
- DIVIDE peppers and onions and place equal amounts on each slice of ciabatta. Add one split kielbasa link to each slice and top with slices of cheese.
- PLACE the open-faced ciabattas under a pre-heated broiler and watch carefully, removing when cheese is golden and bubbly. Serve immediately.
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 15.5 grams
- 134 milligrams
- 1636 milligrams
- 55 grams
- 3.5 grams
- 35.5 grams
- 317 milligrams